Immediate open opportunity Tool & Die Maker – Direct Hire! 1st shift $32 an hour and negotiable. Oldsmar/Tampa
APPLY TODAY by forwarding your resume to ClearwaterFl@Snelling.com or call 727 539-6000!
Tool and Die Maker Job Description
The Tool and Die Maker is responsible to use all type of tool room equipment such as surface grinder, milling machines, bend saws, cut off saws, pedestal grinders, and other tool room equipment to create and make tooling to match part drawing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to grind angles, radiuses, on all tooling to create a high quality, tight tolerance parts. These duties are to be performed within quality and to company standards.
- Read blueprints and use necessary measuring devices to make, or modify existing tooling, tools to new or old job prints.
- Make sure that tools are sharpened and in good working condition before being placed back on shelf or in tool drawers.
- Repair or requisition replacement parts, tooling or hardware as needed to maintain adequate stock.
- Check tooling in and out of tool room computer.
- Set-up and operate all tool room equipment for specific operation.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to interpret bar graphs.
- Other duties may be assigned that pertain to this classification.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to follow Directions
- Arm-Hand Steadiness
- Attention to Detail
- Control Precision
- Customer Service
- Handling and Moving Objects
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
- Interpersonal Skills to interact with all Team Members.
- Manual Dexterity
- Mathematical Skills
- Problem Sensitivity
- Time Management.
- Verbal and Written Communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimal five years tool making or die repair experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by management.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a member of the Quality Management System, quality procedures, requirements, work instructions, and other required documentation must be followed. Team members are responsible to be aware of the company’s quality policy and quality objectives in order to support the continuous improvement projects and contribute to the overall mission of the organization.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Works primarily in a climate controlled manufacturing environment with regular exposure to dust, odors, oil, and fumes with moderate noise. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the facility.
- Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, and reaching.
- PPE required may include safety glasses and gloves in designated areas of the facility.
- Specific vision abilities required may include close vision, distance vision, peripheral and depth perception and ability to focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Tampa/Oldsmar , Florida 33626