Repair Technician- 1 $18 an hour – Largo FL. (temp/hire) – 1st tam-3:30pm
APPLY TODAY! Send resume to ClearwaterFL@Snelling.com or Call 727 539-6000.
Responsible for level 1 operational troubleshooting, repair and testing of product. This position acts as the primary resource for level 1 repair and return activities as assigned to specific products.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform troubleshooting and repair on electronic equipment to the component level. Utilize specialized testing technology to determine cause(s) of failures and complete necessary activities to restore functionality. Complete all job activities within prescribed safety guidelines to avoid any injury to self/coworkers or damage to customer/ company property.
- Refer to and follow prescribed procedures and testing instructions related to specified systems and types of equipment being repaired. Document work actions in appropriate computer system and/or via other authorized method of record-keeping.
- Work closely senior level technicians as well as solderer technicians on updates and repairs required ensuring reliable product returned to our customer.
- Participate in regular team meetings to receive updated information, share challenges, and elevate any concerns from the Repair center department.
- Partner with department repair technicians for OTJ training and development on different products.
- Work with inter-company departments in collaborative fashion supporting company quality goals and customer service goals
Cross train on tasks defined by department leader ensuring business continuity.
Maintain an organized, efficient, and productive work area
Other duties as required.
Ability to solder.
Occasionally provide support to receiving and shipping of RMA products.
- Required Qualifications
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience performing failure analysis and component-level troubleshooting and repair products and/or related hardware/systems or Telecommunications hardware/board experience preferred
- Formal advanced technical courses with equivalent knowledge and certification a plus
- Experience working both with and without schematics/documentation preferred.
- Ability to perform job duties on assigned equipment / product families
- Ability to handle solder components, fixtures, etc., without damaging equipment
- General computer system/database navigation experience; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Agile. Ability to view and enter information via computer keyboard and monitor is required.
- Works effectively with management and team members to quickly address problems as they arise. Escalate issues to the appropriate contacts in a timely manner.
- Willing to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment and willingness to contribute and support a Knowledge sharing culture.
- Balance multiple & shifting priorities, Innovative thinking and problem solving, Effective time management
Measurement of Performance
- Accuracy of diagnostics, repairs, and/or failure analysis
- Productivity and efficient utilization of time
- Achievement of Service Level Agreements (completion of repair)
- General performance as defined by standard company performance evaluation form
- Quality of assigned tasks and work performed
Adaptability: Responds effectively to changing constraints; Adapts own behavior to suit the situation; Seeks to understand causes of change and resulting improvements.
Analytical Thinking: Captures data from different sources; Identifies patterns in data; Establishes relationships and draws conclusions regarding coincidental and causal relationships.
Attention to Detail: Able to “zoom in” to detail quickly and accurately; Checks information and picks up on inconsistencies/mistakes; Makes detailed comparisons between similar sources
Interpersonal Skills: Is socially capable, interacts and communicates politely and confidently; Is empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions; is collaborative.
Reliability: Responds effectively to clear direction and follows set procedures; Solves immediate problems and escalates when appropriate; Adheres to attendance and punctuality guidelines
Systematic Thinking: Makes effective use of organizational systems/processes; Takes an organized, logical approach to thinking through issues; Applies learning to new situations.
Required to lift 25-49 lbs. Percent of time – Minimal.
Required to lift 50 or more lbs. Percent of time – Minimal.
Physical activity and/or exertion required:
Generally sitting, occasional bending or reaching required.
Some walking from station to station.
Tests allow flexibility to sit or stand as needed.
When providing support to receiving or shipping of RMA standing will be required.
Clearwater , Florida 33765